Best home design software for no-expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardSir

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Hi,

few days ago i discovered floorplanner site and draw my future house vision in there to share my vision with my friends and family. Unfortunately its not very powerful in 3d and i cant design house exterior and garden.

I have searched but not found one that fulfills 5 out of 5 needs i have.

I need software that has as many options as possible but suitable for beginner (drag and drop stuff)
I need it to have 3d walkthrough option.
I need to get detailed room, garden and house exterior design all in one project.
I need graphics to look good!!!!!!
I need to build all my property with house, garden and sauna, and then walk my family through every detail via 3d.

Best i have found so far is http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/home-designer-pro/
but all the 3d graphicks looks crappy.

Help please, do you have any suggestions?

Rich

Edit: Autodesk homestyler looks good, but i can only style my home, not garden. I need all in one with homestyler quality :)

kanewolf

Judicious
That is basically the software I used. It was an older version but works pretty well. Here is a rendering I did
Kitchen%20with%20Tile%20Backsplash%20-%20BR%20View.JPG
. There are few key things I did. Find JPEGs of the appliances and lay them over standard cubes. Find JPEGs of the countertop and tiles and map them to the surfaces. Then you have to play with the lighting. It takes a LONG time to get the lighting correct.

But it can look very close to the finished product
IMG_1151.JPG

I used the renderings as the data I put in the bid package for my contractor. I had one change order. The 3 can lights you see in the rendering were changed to 4 in the final implementation.

I didn't do 3D walkthrough, I did 3D renders and printed the different views.

RichardSir

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
well i wish not to take 100s of pictures because on 4000 m2 there are alot of objects and house has 15 different rooms. I started this whole project because my girlfriend cant understand 2d plans at all, so i need 3d walkthrogh and also other 3d angles. And messing around with images would be too much work for me. I drew my hose in floorplanner.com in 1 day. With house exterior and garden+ sauna i can put few more days in it but not weeks.

Thanks for your replay

kanewolf

Judicious
I probably put 80 hours into the kitchen design. But I believe it paid off. I was able to swap wood color, tile color, etc in the virtual kitchen. That is why I had so few change orders. I did 3 views of each room. Rendered them to JPEGs. I cranked the JPEGs up to 2Kx2K to get decent prints.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.