Best/Inexpensive Laptop To Transfer Screen to TV

cryhavoc

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014
I need to a Laptop to transfer WEB based programming to a TV. The programming is very specific (foreign language) and may ONLY accessed thru the WEB...hence the need for a Laptop to access the site and transfer to the TV. The Laptop shall be connected to the internet via a MoCA connection using the LAN port(or adapter) and transferred from the laptop to the TV via HDMI.

The question is WHAT is a good laptop that can deliver the goods without breaking the bank? Is the operating system important (Windows vs Chrome), resolution(TV is 1080i), is the battery life/capability important considering the laptop shall be plugged into a wall outlet. I would appreciate any insights/comments/suggestions for the Laptop or any pitfalls with this system.

Thanks in Advance...

Solution
Sounds like a chromebook could be a good fit for you, though I don't think many of them have lan ports. I don't know about adapter compatibility. They basically only run Google Chrome, have good battery life, and most have HDMI outputs. Something like an HP Stream laptop running windows 10 could also work.
Unless your web app requires a lot of RAM or CPU power, pretty much anything with HDMI output should work. As long as your APP runs on Chrome, the OS doesn't matter. Battery life won't matter if it's plugged into the wall.
If you have a wifi network, you could also get something like a chromecast and beam the chrome app to the tv from any network connected computer. There is a slight lag, but it works pretty well for most web pages.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
Sounds like a chromebook could be a good fit for you, though I don't think many of them have lan ports. I don't know about adapter compatibility. They basically only run Google Chrome, have good battery life, and most have HDMI outputs. Something like an HP Stream laptop running windows 10 could also work.
Unless your web app requires a lot of RAM or CPU power, pretty much anything with HDMI output should work. As long as your APP runs on Chrome, the OS doesn't matter. Battery life won't matter if it's plugged into the wall.
If you have a wifi network, you could also get something like a chromecast and beam the chrome app to the tv from any network connected computer. There is a slight lag, but it works pretty well for most web pages.

Solution

cryhavoc

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014

There are a few sales going on now for a slightly higher priced laptop with a dedicated video card. Will a dedicated video card in a laptop transfer a higher quality picture from the Laptop thru to the TV?

cryhavoc

Estimable
Nov 4, 2014

Today I heeded your council and bought an Acer Chromebook C740-C3P1. It only has 2GB of Ram, but since the CB should be used 95% of the time transferring streaming video to a TV hopefully it shall not be a problem. I appreciate your help...