Best Laptop for Adobe Creative Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

santi961

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

While searching for a new video editing laptop I came across countless lists and posts, but none of these responded to my needs. My impression is that the laptops listed are good for running Premiere while no other computer-intensive program is running.

but I don't plan to just run premiere, but also photoshop, after effects, speedgrade, and chrome (I usually have 20+ tabs and 10+ extensions which can be intensive on my 4 year old laptop) at the same time.

So I'm asking,
what is a good laptop for running the multiple Creative Cloud Programs simultaneously?

I'm thinking of buying the Acer Aspire v17 Nitro Black
and I've also looked at complete monsters such as the Auros x7 Pro, as well as the typical laptops on lists like the Lenovo Y50.

can a 16gb laptop handle the demands of so many RAM intensive programs or is 32+ the only option?

I can buy a custom workstation but would like a pre-made laptop, small form factor is preferred, $1500 is the desired price but there is no budget, and windows capable only.

Thank You

Acer Inspire V17 Black Edition:
Intel Core i7-4720HQ Quad-core 2.60 GHz
17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB Dedicated Memory
16 GB, DDR3L SDRAM
1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD

Auros x7 Pro:
i7-4870HQ (2.5GHz-3.7GHz)
17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 IPS LCD
8GB DDR3L-1866, 4 slots (Max 32GB)
NVIDIA® GTX 970M SLI GDDR5 6GB

Solution
The systems you want will run Adobe stuff well, but for several at a time you'd want to go with 16 gig at least.
If you want to be sure that you will have all the programs running well, just look the system with the most RAM, fastest CPU and a solid state hard drive. The issue with your needs and having a slim laptop is that you will be compromised with cooling and RAM slots. A small system may only have 2 RAM slots, a real workstation laptop will have 4, so if you get 16 gig, you can just add two more 8 gig sticks for 32. If a system has 2 slots, you will need to remove the existing RAM to get more. Check for number of RAM slots in whatever you are looking at.

A comparison site like cpuboss can help you sort out which CPU is best...
The systems you want will run Adobe stuff well, but for several at a time you'd want to go with 16 gig at least.
If you want to be sure that you will have all the programs running well, just look the system with the most RAM, fastest CPU and a solid state hard drive. The issue with your needs and having a slim laptop is that you will be compromised with cooling and RAM slots. A small system may only have 2 RAM slots, a real workstation laptop will have 4, so if you get 16 gig, you can just add two more 8 gig sticks for 32. If a system has 2 slots, you will need to remove the existing RAM to get more. Check for number of RAM slots in whatever you are looking at.

A comparison site like cpuboss can help you sort out which CPU is best.

My favorite site for laptop comparisons is www.xoticpc.com They have a gaming and a laptop workstation section you can look at.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.