Afraz Hussain

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Hi all,

I will be studying Mechanical Engineering and I will be requiring a new laptop. I will be using software like AutoCad and all. Any suggestions on which laptop should I buy. Please also note that I am keeping my bill under $700.

From what I've experienced from my FX-8350 computer i can say that AMD processors are the best when it comes to gaming, but not when you have to run a software like Maya or AutoCad. So I will prefer going with an Intel processor in my laptop.

I was almost going to buy this laptop today, but then decided to post a thread here (because that's what I did when I was going to buy my AMD processor): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer---Aspire-15.6%26%2334%3b-Touch-Screen-Laptop---8GB-Memory---500GB-Hard-Drive/9151085.p?skuId=9151085&id=1218992515231#tab=overview

I'm not sure about whether to go with an i5 or an i7? and whether the laptop should have dedicated graphics or integrated intel graphics?

Oh and will there be much of a difference if I go with a 3rd gen processor rather than a 4th gen processor?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hoping a reply soon.

Afraz Hussain

Honorable
May 30, 2013
really appreciate your replies man. :D Yea, i am fine with 15". But this laptop has only 128MB of VGA. would that be enough to support the software like AutoCAD and all?
The one you linked had 1GB dedicated graphics.