Best Microphone For About 100-120$?

JP7PlaysMC

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hello there.
As the title might suggest, this is a really simple problem. I'm thinking of buying a new microphone for my PC and would like to know which one would be the best for the above said price.
My preference is really on USB mics, because they save the hassle of having to buy additional parts.

I've been looking at the Audio-Technica AT2020 USB version, and it seems quite decent. What do you guys think?

Solution
the at2020usb+ is a good choice. good quality sound for an average cost mic. make sure you get the at2020usb+ not the at2020 as the one version (cheaper version) is xlr only.

the blue yeti offers some more features (3 microphone modes not 1) but since cardioid is the pattern you will likely use nearly 100% of the time this is not too important.

the atr2500 is a cheaper unit which is about 70-80% of the quality of sound that the 2020 has but is not quite as solidly built. a good unit but the 2020 is better.
the at2020usb+ is a good choice. good quality sound for an average cost mic. make sure you get the at2020usb+ not the at2020 as the one version (cheaper version) is xlr only.

the blue yeti offers some more features (3 microphone modes not 1) but since cardioid is the pattern you will likely use nearly 100% of the time this is not too important.

the atr2500 is a cheaper unit which is about 70-80% of the quality of sound that the 2020 has but is not quite as solidly built. a good unit but the 2020 is better.

Solution