Best mp3 you've owned

phamily

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
The best of all time mp3 player i've owned has to be my Iriver H10. I've been through the zen micro photo, nano, ipod video, and a bunch of flash players and my H10 has provided the best sound quality and ease of use.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Ive gone like a week and a half without recharging it, of course, that was only with light use, but still. I cant get about 14-15 hours of audio only use out of it before it either dies or gets pretty close to dieing. For video i usually turn down the screen brightness to conserve battery life, and i get about 3-3.5 hours of life before it dies, with the LCD at full brightness ill get about 1.5-2.5 hours before the battery gives out. When i play games on it (mostly tetris) with a podcast or whatever playing at the same time ill get like 5 hours at half brightness.

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
If I ever get an ipod that would be for putting Linux on it and showing off. :D
I wish i could put linux on my zen, that would be cool.

For me, the best player was ZEN VISION M. I have been thru ZEN Micro H340 from iRIVER and RIO CARBON. I actually liked them all, RIO for the design, H340 for mic input, and ZEN Micro for its EQ and context menus respectively. When I got it the Micro looked actually attractive, with time this became relative and questionable - so I got ZEN Vision M.

This works straight without any hassle on any PC with XP and WMP
So there is no trouble getting music from friends. Works with Rhapsody and podcasts. Interface is very good (context menu, again, this is very good), screen is the best you can get for the money. Battery life is decent as well, I think it is about 15 hours, I charge it once a week, never bothered to measure, so might be wrong here. No complaints about sound quality. I tweak sound with EQ sometimes and the fact you can customize EQ is another point for zen.

As for video - it plays back divx and xvid files - I do not watch movies on it though, really, they look so much better even on my 22 incher ;)

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Although strictly speaking it's not an MP3 players, my Hi-MD walkman.

I get around 20hrs battery life (using PCM1441kbps and a 2300Mah AA battery). I also don't have to connect it to a computer to transfer music, which is a big plus, because the included software sucks.

I also love changing discs on the train in front of bemused passengers.

Oh yeah, and the sound quality is unreal.

Also, I have to cast an honourable mention to my ZEN player (20Gb). It's durability knows no bounds. I'll be sad to see it go.

Splattman

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
I love my iAudio X5L, yeah the lack of library function is rather annoying, but no player on the market can compete with its sound, and isn't that the most important part?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I love my iAudio X5L, yeah the lack of library function is rather annoying, but no player on the market can compete with its sound, and isn't that the most important part?

Try the Kenwood HD30GB9 (Japan only :cry: ), or Hi-MD if you have a fetish for sound quality.

I know I'm probably going to sound like a broken record but if you're after sound quality I cannot recommend Hi-MD enough.