Best Parental Control software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesehead

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004
Wondering your opinions on the best parental control software out there. I know that Norton IS has a decent one builtin but the program itself bloated more than me after a 6 pack.

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.afafilter.com/services.asp" target="_new"> American Family Filter </A>

Is reportedly one of the best.

But I use NIS

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I really liked Norton IS's Parental Control. Just make sure that all of your Windows accounts are password protected and that people you want locked out can't get into the Windows control panel and create a new user account. Which version of Norton IS are you familiar with. I found the 2003 & 2004 versions to be very inobtrusive.
-Brett

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Linux proxy server with content filtering :)
Transparent filtering with black/white lists and keyword filtering. That would be the best and it is free, as long as you have an old comp layin around to put linux on.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Cheesehead

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2004
I do like NIS, had the 2002 version of it. But I found over the past couple years the program became bloated and slow. I guess I will stick with it though since it's a program I'm already familiar with. Linux at this time is not an option, a good point though.

Thanks for your replies folks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cheesehead on 01/02/05 11:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
Upgrade NIS, 2005 has gotten better, IMO.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

G

I have tried most all parental control software products.

I have found that the BEST one avialable is Sentry Parental Controls.

www.sentryparentalcontrols.com

Will_21

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
i use ProteMac KeyBag too ,it' s key logger as well.I use it.It's programm recorder all what happens on computer.

Killed Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
And did you hear some information about Actymac VidShots Remote? I know that it allows to
get video from Mac desktop to iPhone. May be it is very useful for remote
parental control and employees watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.