Best rechargeable battery pack for travel

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I'm lookin to travel internationally and will ultimately need a secondary power source for all my electronics. I travel with a netbook, an MP3 player, and maybe an EReader.
The only product I see advertised consistently is Tekkeon's battery pack. It'll charge just about any portable device (including what I've listed) and, you can purchase a 2nd battery pack that will double the battery life.
For this post, I'm lookin for testimonials for Tekkeon or other similar devices. If you can provide examples as to how use you your device and its results, that would be great. For example, "I use ABC battery pack and was able to keep my laptop running for 6 additional hours while charging my phone."

Gueyome

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

Hello, did you find the battery pack of your dreams . I see you didn't many replies, and I am curious to know the model you choosed as I am in the same situation, I want to travel and need a battery pack to power my laptop and little video projector.

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006

I ended up going with Tekkeon: http://tekkeon.com/products-mypowerall.html
Funny part is, I didn't even need it! The flight had a power plug under my seat! I have used it since then. When I first got it, I tested it with my MSI Wind netbook. I ran avi files on the hard drive at 65% brightness and the tekkeon's battery packs ran the netbook for 5 hrs before it reached 1 bar on the battery pack. That means I still had 100% on the MSI's battery. I was impressed. However, over the months, I noticed the original battery seemed to lose its life fairly quick. I'm guessing maybe because it was drained all the way instead of leaving some juice on it and then recharging the pack. Of course, this happened as the warranty expired.
I have the expansion pack which allowed the netbook to run for so long. You may want to do the same if you're gonna use a projector. Just make sure your projector can be charged by the pack. Their customer service had a quick turnaround for my email.
Good luck. Let me know what you find if you decide to buy something.