Solved! Best speaker combination for Yamaha Rx-v 485?

abhilashkrishn

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I have selected some speaker combination to hook up my new yamaha rx-v 485 AVR.

1. Taga Harmony 606SE speaker set + TSW200 subwoofer.
2. Polk TL1600 speaker set
3. Klipsch Theater Reference Pack - This is way overpricy, but I have seen it in ubuy for less price.
4. JBL Cinema 610 - I can get it from a friend if want.

My main focus is on Taga, but need your expert opinion to help me choose the best one out of these 4 in terms of quality of sound and value for money.
Also I welcome any other best options in the price range of 25-70k.

Solution
The Taga are full size speakers and the others are all small satellite subwoofer systems.
The Taga will certainly play much louder and fill a large space better. It's not a brand I know so I can't comment on what they would sound like.
Of the remaining three the Klipsch is likely to play the loudest with the JBL second. As for sound quality it's more a matter of taste than better or worse. If you could listen to them that would be the best option.
The Taga are full size speakers and the others are all small satellite subwoofer systems.
The Taga will certainly play much louder and fill a large space better. It's not a brand I know so I can't comment on what they would sound like.
Of the remaining three the Klipsch is likely to play the loudest with the JBL second. As for sound quality it's more a matter of taste than better or worse. If you could listen to them that would be the best option.

Solution