Best speaker for PS4?

curtur

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
So I just recently bought a ps4 and I want to hook it up to my pc monitor. The only problem is that my pc monitor doesnt have built in sound so when I start up the ps4, I can't hear anything. So I was wonering if there was a pair of speaker that are around $50 or less I could use for my PS4.
Thanks!

Solution
There are only two physical sound output options for the PS4: Optical (Toslink) and HDMI. You would need to find speakers that have an optical input. However, there are plenty of small soundbars if you have room for one that can accept the optical in for sound.

Another option is to find speakers with the traditional RCA inputs (yellow, red) and then buy an optical to RCA adapter. This of course would put you over $50 between a decent pair of speakers and that adapter. Most PC speakers at or below $50 are pre-wired to connect to a PC's audio out (3.5mm jack) which will not work otherwise.

Your other option is to find some Bluetooth enabled speakers and pair them up to the PS4 like a Bluetooth headset. Here are some from Creative Labs...

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
There are only two physical sound output options for the PS4: Optical (Toslink) and HDMI. You would need to find speakers that have an optical input. However, there are plenty of small soundbars if you have room for one that can accept the optical in for sound.

Another option is to find speakers with the traditional RCA inputs (yellow, red) and then buy an optical to RCA adapter. This of course would put you over $50 between a decent pair of speakers and that adapter. Most PC speakers at or below $50 are pre-wired to connect to a PC's audio out (3.5mm jack) which will not work otherwise.

Your other option is to find some Bluetooth enabled speakers and pair them up to the PS4 like a Bluetooth headset. Here are some from Creative Labs for $55(US).

http://us.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-t12-wireless

Solution

Asim Siddiqui

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

Bluetooth speakers don't work with a PS4 since Sony has A2DP disabled on a PS4.