Best Sub-$150 Wireless Headset

KnightPlutonian

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
I've been looking at wireless headsets to purchase for use with my eventual gaming desktop, but it seems like all of the recommendations go to ones in the $200+ price range. Are there any quality gaming/music headsets in the sub-$150 price range, maybe even in the sub-$100 range? I'm no audiophile, but high quality, crisp sound would be awesome, and it'll need a USB receiver since I won't have Bluetooth capability.

Features preferred:

Microphone (okay quality will be fine, don't care about detachability)
Headset-located controls (volume, Mic-mute)
Decent noise-cancelling ear cups (both out-to-in sound and vice-versa)
Preferably no active noise cancelling
Preferably 10+ hours of use before recharge
Dolby 7.1 Surround with accurate positioning (for FPS footstep locating, stuff like that)
A decent range of use (within a room or two)
Sturdy construction

Is there anything good like that in the price range?

Solution
The Corsair Void 7.1 Wireless is pretty good now that they've patched out a lot of issues. I used to have a heck of a time connecting/paring it with the dongle, but they've simplified it greatly through patching.

Great mic quality, awesome 7.1 surround sound, and there is a volume up/down lever (not a wheel) on the left side of the headset.

Hours of use before charge, with RGB indicators off, about 9-10 hours but you can use the headset while it's charging if needed.

Belphegore

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
The Corsair Void 7.1 Wireless is pretty good now that they've patched out a lot of issues. I used to have a heck of a time connecting/paring it with the dongle, but they've simplified it greatly through patching.

Great mic quality, awesome 7.1 surround sound, and there is a volume up/down lever (not a wheel) on the left side of the headset.

Hours of use before charge, with RGB indicators off, about 9-10 hours but you can use the headset while it's charging if needed.

Solution