Best time to buy a laptop between now and end of September?

apr960604

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi im going to college and I was looking for a laptop for college and some gaming purposes. So far, my top choice is the lenevo y50 UHD from newegg which is at $1250, and for 16 gigs of ram is still 50 bucks less than lenevos site for 8 gigs and on sale as well. My question is with intel announcing their new generation of processors, would it be best to go for that deal or wait another month and hope for the best? i really want a high definition screen so this seems like the best but im not sure, thanks!
link to the laptop: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjw68ufBRDt0Zmrn4W_8AwSJADcjp1cDe7jiDfFhDfliojdJrPFSJ7S6xOQy5AINy5v9aYTgBoCqAvw_wcB&Item=N82E16834317540&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Gaming+Laptops-_-N82E16834317540&ef_id=U@vseQAAAP32PwBY:20140819172432:s

Solution
Intel's next generation Broadwell CPUs will not be shipping until the end of this year. The expectations is that towards the end of December there will be a few products sold with the new CPUs, but it will not be until early 2015 when there will be a lot of PCs / laptops available for sale using the new CPU.

I would say that laptops using Haswell generation CPUs will not be deeply discounted until Black Friday, or at the very earliest the beginning of November.

I suppose now is as good of a time as any to purchase a new laptop if you need one since there should be "back to school" sales going on at this point of the year.
Intel's next generation Broadwell CPUs will not be shipping until the end of this year. The expectations is that towards the end of December there will be a few products sold with the new CPUs, but it will not be until early 2015 when there will be a lot of PCs / laptops available for sale using the new CPU.

I would say that laptops using Haswell generation CPUs will not be deeply discounted until Black Friday, or at the very earliest the beginning of November.

I suppose now is as good of a time as any to purchase a new laptop if you need one since there should be "back to school" sales going on at this point of the year.

Solution