Best UPS for my laptop and router

princegift

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Hi all!
I have a Sony Vaio E series VPCEH25EN laptop and a D Link 2520u router. I work on projects so I have to stay continuously online even when there are power cuts for about 20 to 40 minutes.
Could anyone please suggest me a good/best UPS that can keep my laptop and router running after a power cut for atleast 50 minutes or a hour?

Thank You!

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

And the router manual or the sticker on the back tells you the max power consumption in Watts. That's all you need for the selector: http://www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/US/en/home/load

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Well, your laptop has a battery already that should keep it alive for way more then an hour. The router doesn't need much power, so a small one will do the job. In most cases it's useless anyway, because your ISP needs a PSU as well to keep the line running and that is rarely the case.

princegift

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Yeah right. My laptop battery will keep it on but I want the router also to stay on. So I want an UPS to keep it alive during a power cut. During the power cut, the phone line(connected to land phone) is running but the router gets off so I need to keep it ON.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

And the router manual or the sticker on the back tells you the max power consumption in Watts. That's all you need for the selector: http://www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/US/en/home/load

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 10
W Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 7
B Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2