Best Windows VR for Steam VR?

PHIL528

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
I bought the HTC Vive back in October, I liked it, but returned it within days as I realized there were very few games in the space genre that were complete titles like Lone Echo. (I just noticed the Vive is now 500$ on amazon, a big price drop).

I just found out you can use Windows VR devices for Steam VR, albeit a more shitty experience, but for less than half the price of a Vive it seems worth it. (I don't want to buy from Oculus because I don't support their business practices).

On Amazon the Lenovo VR is on sale for 250$ (from 450$, though IDK if it will ever go back up).
The Acer VR is 235$, HP is 230$. The net of it is that they are still half the price of the new Vive price.

Does anyone have recommendation for which system is better for Steam VR? They all seem to be strap-mounted (does not rest on your nose), 2 cameras (as required for AR and tracking), and a 1440p screen. From the raw stats I can determine which one is better.

Thanks.

Solution
Definitely not the acer, had one, was horrible, did not secure to face, flimsy as hell. so it is a challenge between lenovo and hp, tomato potato. controllers are the same, price same, look different. up to you.
Mar 21, 2018
Definitely not the acer, had one, was horrible, did not secure to face, flimsy as hell. so it is a challenge between lenovo and hp, tomato potato. controllers are the same, price same, look different. up to you.

Solution