Bethesda Websites, EVE Online MMOG Hacked Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Whoa whoa whoa... Bethesda was hacked now?? Now Anonymous has gone too far!!!

Stop that and please go back to mirc #zeraw please! ^^

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Whoa whoa whoa... Bethesda was hacked now?? Now Anonymous has gone too far!!!Stop that and please go back to mirc #zeraw please! ^^[/citation]

If it is Anon, I would suspect its in retaliation for the arrest of several members after they said they had nothing to do with the Sony hacks.

If this keeps up we could see every major game company get hacked. Not sure why but its strange its all happening now.

lurker53

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]If this keeps up we could see every major game company get hacked.[/citation]

Only the ones with security holes. Even then, if someone does get in they should at least make data hard to read. Unencrypted customer data is an embarrassment considering the size of some of these companies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]lurker53[/nom]Only the ones with security holes. Even then, if someone does get in they should at least make data hard to read. Unencrypted customer data is an embarrassment considering the size of some of these companies.[/citation]
It's not like a security hole is the same as granting those hacker kids permission to break in.
There'll always be a way in if you look hard enough.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
It just proves to me that the corporations aren't ready to handle my personal information as they try to let on in all thoose fancy Join the cloud bla bla comersials. It would seem the only benefit is that the hackers just have to compromise one system thats available 24/7 to get it all rather than every pc.

Cloud computing due to its security issues = No thx for me!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Eventually you'll have no choice. But it doesn't matter what you want really. Goverments and loads of organizations already have your information in their databases, and they're as vulnearable as the companies that are being attacked. But unlike these, you can't opt out of joining the country specific databases.

That's one of many reasons I decided to cancel my home banking and stopped reading my payslips - in order to do those things, I would have to rely on a goverment database being kept safe both from it's employees and from those hacker kids out there. So I'd rather not have a login than have it exposed.

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]accolite[/nom]Bunch of asshats, they keep doing this shit might make me go against them![/citation]

OOOOh I bet they're petrified.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
You know instead of speculating you could just check Lulzsec's website for links to the loot from Bethesda.
http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/
You can also read they're twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/lulzsec
You should try a google before you write something.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]I usually support anonymous as at first i thought this was sincere but its getting to be too much now. They really need to stop.[/citation]
Anonymous? What are you talking about? Did you even read the whole article cause i think you kinda missed the end of it.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]irtehyar[/nom]These morons are going to accomplish the opposite of the freedom they claim to be representing.[/citation]
That's just plain old vandalism, not people representing freedom in any form.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
You attack PSN, I'm okay with that.
You attack Nintendo, I'm still okay with that.
You attack Epic Games, I'm a bit miffed, but still okay.

You attack Bethesda? Oh come on b*tch, it's on now. I hope the FBI rides your a*s like a sturdy horse.

nexus9113

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]It's not like a security hole is the same as granting those hacker kids permission to break in. There'll always be a way in if you look hard enough.[/citation]

They aren't exploiting security holes. They're brute forcing it, that is what a DDoS and the other attacks are. It doesn't matter how strong the gates are, enough punishment will knock them down.

Sony got taken down by Amazon's cloud service because they offer up time on the processing farms that run the cloud service to be rented by anyone for any purpose. It's how WPA encryption was cracked (by a networking engineer), it's how Sony was cracked (by this supposed groupt), and similar methods are being employed for these attacks.

I think the current trend in these attacks is due to the hit Sony's network took. Think about it: you're a hacker looking to make money, your usual prey are mom and pop sites that don't have the world's best security so you can do simple stuff like SQL injectors and redirects to leech CC info from people. Not much money, but it's simple, safe, and guaranteed success. Previously if you thought to hack a large corporate website there was a bit of a stigma as these are multibillion dollar industries so surely they are locked up like Fort Knox.

Oh wait, that's not the case? Someone took down a giant like Sony in a matter of minutes and leeched 12 MILLION credit cards, more than you can steal in a month on these mom and pop, no name sites? I wonder if these other companies are vulnerable. Ya know, all these video game companies have digital distribution methods so they maintain CC info on their servers, not to mention a bunch of kids with accounts and mind numbingly simple methodologies about their logins on the internet (same name/email and password for every account they own). They've just received an upgrade to prime target status, especially now that an example has been made that they are not invulnerable, and are actually not well prepared.

As far as what this group is doing, I think it's very childish. They are not only hurting the companies they attack, but the consumers. If I pay for a product I don't want to have to be paranoid that it won't work because some juvenile asshat feels the need to show everyone how big his e-peen is. It's okay though. They will eventually slip up, like always, and give away their location in some way shape or form, because if anything is a guarantee about these people, it's that they are very narcissistic and will make a stupid move in an effort to get some credit for their work.

G

Hacking is getting out of hand. These days there is a very fine line between hacking and terrorism. Personally, I'm ready for death penalties for this kind of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.