Better sound quality than Sennheiser 363d

Jackal87

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
I'm no sound expert but love gaming with good sound quality! Gaming with headphones I can pick up little details I can't when gaming with speakers and that makes it so much better! Problem is I don't exactly have good quality headphones, I have the Turtle Beach PX21...which still sound better than speakers lol I was going through forums and people seem to love the Sennheiser 363d but the more comments I find from Audiophiles the more I realize I can get better sound for less or equal price! I don't really game online and when I do I don't talk to people, so a mic is not a necessity for me! So my question is, how can I get better sound quality in gaming without going over $450! I'm open to any suggestions to include DACs, sound cards, etc!

kezzo

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
what is your budget?

if its less than $450, take a look to astro a40

or i recommend creative sb recon 3d usb soundcard with asus r.o.g orion stereo headset, two of them costs near 200$ and sounds decent.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I've got a Sennheiser PC360 and an Asus Xonar DGX sound card. Got the headset for about 170 on Amazon. Great sound and quality for the price, plus a 2 year warranty. Buddy of mine got 363ds for 200 at Best Buy, they're the same thing but different design and has a USB dolby surround sound.

If you can find either pair for 200 or less, go for it. However, I can recommend picking up Sennheiser HD558 (got a pair of those too), a quality sound card (Xonar is pretty nice and cheap too), and an external microphone if you don't want a gaming headset. You can also buy clip on mics if you feel so inclined.

Alternatively, Astro just came out with a refreshed set of their Axx series. If I ever wanted a different pair of headphones, it would either be Astro A40s or the Audio Technica BPHS1.

Jackal87

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
For sound card I'm getting Xonar Essence STX! For headphones in debating whether to get the AKG K712 Pro or Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SpiderBlitz Audio 1
S Audio 0
D Audio 8
Gokulan Audio 1
B Audio 1
R Audio 0
J Audio 1
P Audio 0
R Audio 2
J Audio 2
Stumpy122 Audio 2