Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO(80ohms) vs Sennheiser HD 598

Yazan Zaid

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hey guys, i need to know which one is better?and if there are any better headphones it the same price or slightly more expensive, i'll use it for music+gaming, and i want to know if the headphones galaxy note 4 will benfiet from the headphones if not i will buy another headphones with a good soundcard, so what is your ideas?BTW I love comfort and good looking.
And i should tell i was going to get beats but they are so overpriced.

Solution
beats are junk. enough said.

the dt770pro 80ohm and hd598 have different sound signatures and are of different design.

the 770 is "closed" which means a smaller sounstage but more noise isolation. the 598 is "open" which means a larger soundstage, better positioning but much less sound isolation.

the 770 (especially the 80ohm version) is much bassier while the 598 has less bass but better highs.

anything above 50ohm you may have trouble using with a portable device such as a cellphone without a cheap ortable amplifier such as one from fiio. something rated at 50ohm or less should be driven fine without an external amplifier. in other words the 598 should work fine with your phone but the 770 may not work as well.

generally open...
beats are junk. enough said.

the dt770pro 80ohm and hd598 have different sound signatures and are of different design.

the 770 is "closed" which means a smaller sounstage but more noise isolation. the 598 is "open" which means a larger soundstage, better positioning but much less sound isolation.

the 770 (especially the 80ohm version) is much bassier while the 598 has less bass but better highs.

anything above 50ohm you may have trouble using with a portable device such as a cellphone without a cheap ortable amplifier such as one from fiio. something rated at 50ohm or less should be driven fine without an external amplifier. in other words the 598 should work fine with your phone but the 770 may not work as well.

generally open headphones such as the 598 are preferred for gaming although you can most certainly use the 770 if you need a closed headphone for noise isolation.

keep in mind that the 770 has 3 models. 32ohm, 80ohm and 250ohm. the 32 works great for portables but the 80/250 are better for home use if you have an amplifier or good soundcard.

Solution