Bill Gates on the iPad: It's Okay But Good Looking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Someone please state what it [ipad] does for you that a netbook wouldn't.

Thanks

Oh, and how much $$ difference between your ipad and a netbook?

G

I just can't simply be tethered to a device like this. I feel I would break it. I don't mind having something a little more cumbersome that weighs a bit so I feel it's rugged enough for me. Otherwise I'll need the Best Buy "you fuck it up and we'll replace it" type of warranty. They keep building mobile products that simply can't handle abuse. The day that Apple makes a mobile device that is meant to be in a "man's" hands, I will probably take it for a test drive.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Fuck Windows[/nom]Fuck you faggots. I bet you wish you could afford one. Have fun playing with your shitty netbooks that you claim are more "practical." You microsoft douchebags are all the same. Just keep buttfucking each other and keep your ignorant comments to yourselves.[/citation]

lol 600 bux ? can't afford one?

my windows comp cost 4 times as much and I use it for GAMES ONLY. I have another Workstation comp that I setup cost 2 and 1/2 times as much as my GAMES comp for work only.

Dont cry sucker, cuz even your Best top of the line Garbage Mac wouldn't even come close to my Game PC performance. while it cost less than ur garbage Mac.

ms1191

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Fuck Windows[/nom]Fuck you faggots. I bet you wish you could afford one. Have fun playing with your shitty netbooks that you claim are more "practical." You microsoft douchebags are all the same. Just keep buttfucking each other and keep your ignorant comments to yourselves.[/citation]

Ok, this has to be the single most funny post i've read here. Haha wow.

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
pphhhh... Ipad what a joke. there just going to rip you off next year when the Ipad 2 comes out. and the next year for many years to come.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]ms1191[/nom]Ok, this has to be the single most funny post i've read here. Haha wow.[/citation]
Yea... can't ever get enough of a lil dose of "trolling".

slayerz636

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Fuck you faggots. I bet you wish you could afford one. Have fun playing with your shitty netbooks that you claim are more "practical." You microsoft douchebags are all the same. Just keep buttfucking each other and keep your ignorant comments to yourselves.

funny how this article is abouit us commenting on apple. yet you turn around and yell at us like a prepubesent girl. and BTW i have a hexacore custom biult intel machine for just under $3500. and im a new york persecutior. so get a life and stop being a ass!
you sound like my 12 year old brother. wierd hes a mac too. funny how the article is about us saying something nice and you act like a complete ass! just stop being jealous because your too stupid to ask questions about what your buying. and btw i have a custom biult hexacore desktop for a little under 3500$$ im a pru

onekill

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Lol, octo core mac pro with 16GB ram and 2 (yes 2) 285's SLIed, you people need to find out what a real computer is =)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ms1191[/nom]Ok, this has to be the single most funny post i've read here. Haha wow.[/citation]
I know, it put a smile on my face. :D

It's not a question of sffording it, it's whether or not we see any value in it.
I have sunk over $2,000 into my PC, but I'm probably only going to spend $300 on a netbook in a week.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]I've flown overseas before, took about 15 hours from Vancouver to Hong Kong. I'd like to see the iPad last 2/3 of that flight.[/citation]

The iPad lasts 12 hours playing non-stop video.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]lol 600 bux ? can't afford one?my windows comp cost 4 times as much and I use it for GAMES ONLY. I have another Workstation comp that I setup cost 2 and 1/2 times as much as my GAMES comp for work only.Dont cry sucker, cuz even your Best top of the line Garbage Mac wouldn't even come close to my Game PC performance. while it cost less than ur garbage Mac.[/citation]
Actually, those Mac Pros would blow your gaming PC away at raw processing power and stability (not a dig at windows, Mac Pros are server class hardware)

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Jobs keeps insulting Microsoft, while Gates responds with acknowledgement and respect. Gates is always the gentleman.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]slayerz636[/nom]Fuck you faggots. I bet you wish you could afford one. Have fun playing with your shitty netbooks that you claim are more "practical." You microsoft douchebags are all the same. Just keep buttfucking each other and keep your ignorant comments to yourselves.funny how this article is abouit us commenting on apple. yet you turn around and yell at us like a prepubesent girl. and BTW i have a hexacore custom biult intel machine for just under $3500. and im a new york persecutior. so get a life and stop being a ass!you sound like my 12 year old brother. wierd hes a mac too. funny how the article is about us saying something nice and you act like a complete ass! just stop being jealous because your too stupid to ask questions about what your buying. and btw i have a custom biult hexacore desktop for a little under 3500$$ im a pru[/citation]

First, I doubt you're a prosecutor from New York; you can't even spell it right. Factor in your poor grammar ("my too stupid what"?) and you mentioning a 12 year old brother, I'd put you in middle or high school at most. You probably don't even know how transparent you are.

btw, you're on Tom's Hardware, where the tech elite reside. This is obviously out of your league -- people here don't have to say "custom built" because it's almost assumed. If you're trying to build up some make believe credibility, you might want to try harder than a (laughably vague and inane) description of a $3500 hexacore system. Try again, kid.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Godfail[/nom]Actually, those Mac Pros would blow your gaming PC away at raw processing power and stability (not a dig at windows, Mac Pros are server class hardware)[/citation]

This is the silliest thing I've read in a while. Thanks for the laugh, buddy.

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]bonezy[/nom]First, I doubt you're a prosecutor from New York; you can't even spell it right. Factor in your poor grammar ("my too stupid what"?) and you mentioning a 12 year old brother, I'd put you in middle or high school at most. You probably don't even know how transparent you are.btw, you're on Tom's Hardware, where the tech elite reside. This is obviously out of your league -- people here don't have to say "custom built" because it's almost assumed. If you're trying to build up some make believe credibility, you might want to try harder than a (laughably vague and inane) description of a $3500 hexacore system. Try again, kid.[/citation]

Hook, line, & sinker :p

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Godfail[/nom]Actually, those Mac Pros would blow your gaming PC away at raw processing power and stability (not a dig at windows, Mac Pros are server class hardware)[/citation]

Raw processing power...

1) Buy Gen-1 PS3
2) Install Linux
3) ??????
4) SAVINGS!!!

Go linux

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Bill Gates surely sounds a great deal more sophisticated than the i'mJESUS deluded media-trumpeted con-artist Steve Jobs.
Too bad I am no fan of Bill Gates; but if I had to chose, Bill would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.