Bill Proposes Phones Must Take Noisy Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
This is stupid, why should a camera phone be treated any different that a real camera....with much better quality.

Adamk1101

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
The first thing most people do when they get a brand new digital camera is turn off the stupid sounds it makes when it takes pics. If you've ever been to a wedding, it sounds absolutely awful when peoples' cameras are sending off chimes and fake shutter sounds left and right during a quiet ceremony. Mobile-phone cameras are supposed to be transitioning towards being more like a dedicated point-and-shoot. This would just make them annoying.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Won't work. Predators and wizkids will either disable it or replace the sound with a silent sound file. Then the legitimate users (read: huge majority) will be pissed off.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Ah yes. Sure to piss off and aggravate all of the average consumers and have little to no effect on the target user, the perverts.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
[citation][nom]bounty[/nom]I prefer the phone that lets out a pungent smell each time you take a picture.[/citation]

Is that a real product? Where can I buy it? :)

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I'd like to know how the bill would require manufacturers to make it impossible for a user to put a small piece of tape over the speaker to silence the sound (or their thumb)? Maybe all camera users will be required to remove their thumbs!

EvlFlash

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
So, just taking the speaker out of the phone isn't a way to bypass this. I can't believe lawmakers get paid to come up with this crap.

alentner

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
"So, just taking the speaker out of the phone isn't a way to bypass this. I can't believe lawmakers get paid to come up with this crap."

+1

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
The real problem to is that with this law in place people will feel more comfortable because they know that weirdo's phone isn't makeing camera sounds. When in actuality its been modified(to be silent) and said weirdo is taking all kinds of pictures. Once again government regulation fails and only makes things worse.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]zibby[/nom]Democrats in da house. Buy more ammo before each bullet will be required to have microchip !!!!!!!!!![/citation]
Introduced in the Congress by New York Republican Rep. Peter King

Did you even read the story before spewing partisan BS?

G

"Democrats in da house. Buy more ammo before each bullet will be required to have microchip !!!!!!!!!!"

Bill was introduced by a Republican...

Status
Not open for further replies.