BIOS/UEFI help. Sata mode? and what does RADIO enabled do.

corb345

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Hello and thank you for your time.

I have an ASUS ROG G752V laptop.

I took out the HDD and replaced it with a SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) Running Windwos 10. So only have 1 SSD instaled.

I was looking around in Samsung magician and noticed AHCI mode says "deactivated (IDE or RAID)" and SATA interface says "N/A".

So I went into BIOS/UEFI in SATA configuration and SATA mode is set to RAID. I dont have a RAID I just have the 1 SSD, so can I just change it to AHCI and all is good? or is there more to it?

And I noticed RADIO is disabled. What does this do if I enable it?

Also why does it say in Samsung magician "N/A" for SATA interface?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and help

corb345

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Thank you.
So I can just change it to AHCI? It,s been set on RAID since I've had the laptop.
So just change to AHCI and boot and the system will start normal but in AHCI?

Thank you for your help and time.

corb345

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Found this link that help also.

file:///C:/Users/Corbin/OneDrive/Documents/MyWebPages/AHCI%20-%20Enable%20in%20Windows%208%20and%20Windows%2010%20after%20Installation%20-%20Windows%2010%20Forums.html

Cyber-Freak

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Tom is right; Raid to AHCI include more steps. Often its easier to re-install Windows with AHCI set.

For the most part AHCI is the BIOS mode you want to be using.

Basic RAID is meant for mirroring one drive to another, or for making one small drive larger. (simplest terms).

RADIO is most likely be for bluetooth (or the lack thereof). I doubt it has anything to do with the WiFi or an actual radio signal (product specs don't support that conclusion).