Bios update failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2018
My ASUS ROG GL553vd corrupted bios while updating, after that my laptop wont turn on, its stay black screen.
But the keyboard lights are working and the LED lights.
>I tried hard reset
>Removing Ram and clean it
> Removing HDD
and nothings happen
Any other possible solution?

Solution
Here is from the ASUS support site. Solution-BIOS fails to update https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1029957/ Try it, if you still can't work it out, then you have to contact ASUS.
May 24, 2018

Thank you for your answer! there's no other solution on asus laptop?
like on HP laptop they reflash the bios by downloading bios and put it on Flash Drive
then windows + b + power?

May 18, 2018
The primary boot order is:
1. USB FDD
2. ATA HDD
And so on...
If you plug in an USB stick with new BIOS on it, it will automatically boot, since it's the first place, where it should check for new firmware. If it's able to boot, then just update the BIOS.

May 24, 2018

Can I do that while my laptop is on black screen, no display? thankyou

May 24, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from troyreyes03 : "How to reflash BIOS while your laptop is Black screen"

My laptop ASUS ROG gl533vd corrupt the BIOS while updating, after that my laptop got black screen. When i turn on my laptop its always black screen and no display. But the led lights and keyboard are working.
Is there possible method to reflash the BIOS of ASUS by using Flash drive?
Thank you!

May 18, 2018
It might got a black screen, but you said, it gives power, since the LEDs are on. Are you in the middle, or start of the BIOS update?
Middle:
That's good. In fact, the best. It will boot in order, so if you plug in an USB stick that's bootable and has some sort of new firmware on it, it might work again.
Start:
On startup, it automatically goes to the windows. It's an another good position. While it's booting, press, hold or repeatedly press the BIOS button. It varies from one MoBo to another. Possible ones are F8, F11, F12, DEL(ETE). Then from here, watch what others do, which keys they press in what order. It's like a blind update. Only a few keys are used, like arrows, enter, esc and a few Fx.

Status
Not open for further replies.