Bit Defender won't get installed?

dithoryraw

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Hi! everyone.
I have had Bit Defender installed on my computer and it worked well but it's just that time when I uninstalled it(I had to uninstall it for some reason although I found out later antivirus was not causing the problem that was a hardware issue) and again tried to install it by double clicking the setup it said I don't have administrative privilege to install it even though I am using the administrator account. Whats' wrong with it? Could someone tell me? I would be very obliged.

dithoryraw

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

Thanks! for replying USAFRet.
So where should I put the admin password?

dithoryraw

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

Sorry replying a bit late.
When I double click the setup a message pops up saying "You do not have administrative privileges contact system administrator"
And my operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

ttjambe

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Try clearing the previous installation: Uninstall normally and then run the uninstall tool:
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-uninstall-bitdefender-333.html
Look past the basic how to use the control panel area for the download

Check for malware as well, it may have caused your previous hardware problems. Malwarebytes is a great solution. There's a stick guide somewhere here that will help you out.

If you really get frustrated you can try disabling UAC. WARNING: this will allow programs to run with administrator privileges WITHOUT notifying you first.

Good Luck