BitDefender making computer take forever to startup...

leftisthominid

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
I switched over from avast to BitDefender yesterday. My computer now has a minute (or two) long black screen between the Windows loading and splash screens.

I heard removing the scan boot sectors options fixes this, but it doesn't. This is more than a small annoyance. Anyone know how to fix it?

If it is not fixable, I am returning the software and getting Kaspersky or something else.

Solution
Eset is the safest bet for least frustration in my research. Kaspersky offer a balance as what I saw in my research between stability and good virus detection. Kaspersky PUP detection is pretty bad in my experience so I use Malwarebytes to cover me in that area. I also have Hitmanpro set for weekly scan for reassurance scan that uses both Kaspersky and Bitdefender database. Window defender is really bad, it is only here for those very casual and clueless who don't consider an antivirus important to at lest have the bare minimum protection in the background without them knowing so there isn't an epidemic.

While using Kaspersky go to setting - Performance and tick checks on all computer resource and gaming profile options. The first...

leftisthominid

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Not doing that. MSE or Defender or whatever it is called is profoundly bad (http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php, http://www.tomsguide.com/us/microsoft-bombs-antivirus-tests,news-20703.html). I used avast for a few years, and it never was this bad.

Anyone with anyone provide some real help?

leftisthominid

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

And getting viruses due to incompetent antivirus is worse. I was using avast! for two years, and I never got anything this bad. If you are not going to be helpful, don't bother responding here.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Eset is the safest bet for least frustration in my research. Kaspersky offer a balance as what I saw in my research between stability and good virus detection. Kaspersky PUP detection is pretty bad in my experience so I use Malwarebytes to cover me in that area. I also have Hitmanpro set for weekly scan for reassurance scan that uses both Kaspersky and Bitdefender database. Window defender is really bad, it is only here for those very casual and clueless who don't consider an antivirus important to at lest have the bare minimum protection in the background without them knowing so there isn't an epidemic.

While using Kaspersky go to setting - Performance and tick checks on all computer resource and gaming profile options. The first option the battery saving mode only check it if you are using a laptop.. Some of those gaming profile and computer resource setting are strangely turn off by defaulty, activating it will let Kaspersky share your computer resource when you need it.

Solution