Black Inspiron N5030 LCD

yrralrellim

Honorable
May 9, 2013
I am searching for an answer to my question please. So far I have not been able to find any reference to the sensor board online or from Dell! The official Dell Service Manual does not even mention the device. My question: is the 10729-1 sensor board switch supposed to turn off an external monitor as well as the laptop screen or only the laptop screen? I have a dark screen all of the time but an external monitor displays video as advertised. When I place the lid magnet close to the sensor, MY external monitor momentarily goes dark but then comes right back on. I am trying to determine if my sensor board is bad or if my LCD is bad. Thank you.

yrralrellim

Honorable
May 9, 2013
After further investigation and just in case someone is searching for the same answer, this appears to be normal operation - i.e., closing the lid turns off the internal but not the external display.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 6
T Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1