Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]I'm glad Apple is still okay.[/citation]
Apple is starting to be how BlackBerry was a few years ago

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I predict BB10 will kill the iphone and android phones! If I were an analyst that would make their stock go up 9.1%. Stockholders are such sheep!

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I hope not, I'd rather see iOS & Android marketshare get halved, with WP, BB10 and MeeGo/Mer filling it up.

shadyinc

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
The analyst will die and rot in hell for the rest of the eternity, says analysts.. :p :D
:rofl:
These douche bags would say or do anything to make a few bucks..:/

Auroram

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
The whole reason these things happen is because of the negative buzz created by these analysts. Hell, that's how financial crisises keep happening. Someone somewhere says that things are going bad soon, which causes people to start doing unpredictable and stupid things. That's when a prediction turns into the cause of the problem...

There's a reason 50 carriers were interested enough to test the new lineup. I very much doubt that they would if their boards weren't behind the decision. Can't news sites like Tom's simply ignore these things, instead of contributing to the nonsense?

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I use the 9900 and love it. I can't let go of my precious keyboard. I used the iphone and android phones and never could get used to the touch only interface. I'll stick with BB as no one else makes a good keyboard/ touch hybrid anymore since the Palm days. I'll be getting the BB10 when their next Bold is released so I can continue text/message/email all day :p I must be the only one still using BB on toms.

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Exactly what will happen to Apple. Folks from Apple should take a bite of the BLACKBERRY FRUIT.

I think they've been eating too much APPLE on a different GALAXY.

felix666

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
It sounds like the analysts are working hard to make people buy and sell just any type of share, cos they take their cut from it. RIM is a favorite to bash these days, it is easy to say anything to make people sell their shares. They are betting that RIM will improve next year so that people will want to buy stock again, but only if the bad news don't kill them meanwhile. So is life when your company is on the stock market.
In spite of all these negative analysis, layoffs and restructiring, RIM is still working on improving its products. The "laughable" Playbook still has competitive hardware after two years, and has gained updates and a bunch of good applications plus the ability to run many Android apps. I doubt that Microsoft will let Skype run on it though, as they want the Playbook to fail and let more market space for the Surface. Ahh being the big one.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
BB : Dying
Nok: Dying hard
AAPL: Stagnant at best
MSFT: Who are we joking?
Motorola: Sold

Seem like death is the only surety

mynameis1

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
it will be a uphill challenge for blackberry, personally i like my BB as a phone. i like the layout and not particularly needy of useless apps.
however, rim does really need to focus on capturing a way of allowing iphones and andriod and win8 phones to be run securely on a BB system, this will make corp. happy.

G

Count another 9900 user here. If you use your phone primarily for messaging and need to type a lot, the 9900 is the best phone in the world. There is no comparison between a touch screen keyboard and what you get on the 9900.

rjandric

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
BB Bold 9900 user here too. I don't need them apps :) GPS, email, youtube to soothe the kid and that's all i need.
I am looking forward t BB10 just because I never liked mass selling hardware, like iPhone/Android clones. I prefer stuff that is a bit flawed and to make it work the way I want, i.e. HP touchpad, stuff that has the "soul".

Status
Not open for further replies.