Jessica DeLong

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I had a liquid spill on my laptop overnight and it was plugged in on sleep mode. After that i had a blank screen but system sounded like it was running. Tried several things with no luck so i assumed the motherboard was fried. I bought a new motherboard and installed it last night, system turns on, leds come on, and fans spin but the screen is still black as night, not even a bios message or splash screen! Also no image on an external monitor.What could be wrong? RAM is also possibly fried? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Jessica DeLong

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I cleaned the contacts on the RAM with rubbing alcohol. There is no visual signs of damage on the RAM but that is the only other thing I could think of that would prevent the display from showing.

Jessica DeLong

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

Well I am using the old RAM sticks, could they be no good anymore?

Jessica DeLong

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
So here is a recent update on the situation. I replaced the MOBO as I mentioned before and I just purchased new RAM sticks. Plugged the laptop into an external monitor and I get a display!!!!! However the laptop display is still blank. When I wiggle the cable that connects the laptop display to the MOBO I notice the screen goes from "black" to a lighter color as if it were off. So there is power going to the screen and the pixels are getting darker when the laptop is powered on but there is no display so as far as I can think it is a bad screen????????