Blank SD Card message!

NazForTheWin

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
I keep getting a Blank SD Card message on my LG Volt 2 and I've tried plugging it in to two of my older phones and got the same exact message. How can I recover the files on my SD? What are my options?

Solution
If the SD card says it is blank, then it was, more than likely, erased or formatted. That being the case you usually cannot get any data off of it. However, there are some applications and programs out there that can try and restore the data. You would have to install the program to a computer and plug the phone into a computer (with the SD card in it of course). Run the program and see if it can recover any data. I have to say it is a long shot, but can't hurt to try.

Side note... Many of the programs (most actually) are free to try, or claim they are free, however if they recover any data, they often require you pay for the program to actually access the data recovered. The good part is you don't pay unless something is found.

A...
If the SD card says it is blank, then it was, more than likely, erased or formatted. That being the case you usually cannot get any data off of it. However, there are some applications and programs out there that can try and restore the data. You would have to install the program to a computer and plug the phone into a computer (with the SD card in it of course). Run the program and see if it can recover any data. I have to say it is a long shot, but can't hurt to try.

Side note... Many of the programs (most actually) are free to try, or claim they are free, however if they recover any data, they often require you pay for the program to actually access the data recovered. The good part is you don't pay unless something is found.

A quick search on google can find you a list of many different programs to try.

Solution
Not unless the card is bad. It is possible that the data was just erased, either by you, by someone else, or by a bad app that you may have installed. Did you per chance install anything new (or update anything) just before the SD card turned up blank? If so I would suggest removing the program/updates.

Also, just buying a new one would make it so that you know you have a good card, however it would not help you get any data off the old card.

Well if you do that, there will be no way at all to try and recover whatever data was on it. So, it is really up to you. If you want to try and recover the data, you would need to try something like the programs I suggested before. If you are "OK" with losing the data that is on the card, then format it.