Blockbuster Intros On-Demand Service for Windows, Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Blockbuster is a prime example of why even a giant who fails to keep with the times is a doomed giant and what we see now is a small withering part of that giant still alive taking a few last breathes.

All they would have had to do once Netflix showed its business model was successful is to simply copy it and since Blockbuster was much larger and had more money at the time was simply offer a slightly lower price service, throw in video games and copy the rest. But instead they ignored it, missed a opportunity until it was too late and even then failed to make their service anymore appealing once they decided to try and copy.

A company that refuses to evolve is a company that not only will die but deserves to.

virgult

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I would really like an on-demand service instead of a subscription of the likes of Netflix.
But then again, as johnnyevil says, no HD on PC = bye bye.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I'm not understanding why people hate on BlockBuster so much. I chose renting with them monthly subscription by mail over Netflix for two main reasons:

1) More Blu-Rays hands down. Also, they don't charge more for them!
2) I can rent games.
3) It costs less per month.

Yes, their streaming library isn't that robust, but the above benefits definitely outweigh that for me.

bit_user

Distinguished
Herald
Jan 20, 2010
Only about 3 years too late.

[citation][nom]cpatel1987[/nom]I chose renting with them monthly subscription by mail over Netflix [/citation]
I use RedBox for blu-rays, actually. I'm not locked into a subscription, and blu-rays still look better than streamed content.

Status
Not open for further replies.