Solved! Blue ray player isn't being recognized by tv.

Jan 31, 2019
I recently bought a new blueray player (LG). For some reason the signal from the player isn't being received by the tv (LG also). it states "no signal". I have tried changing HDMI cables. Using different HDMI ports on the TV. All of the ports on the tv work as demonstrated by the Roku box being recognized. the only thing that I can think of is that the bluray is sending a higher definition than the tv is capable of. But I would think that the blu ray should auto-detect the definition capable by the tv like the Roku does and downgrade if necessary? Any ideas?

Solution
When you connect the BD player to the TV with HDMI and they handshake the TV lets the player know its' native resolution and the player set it's output accordingly. The max resolution of both the TV and BD player are the same so that can't be the problem.
Have you tried the player on another TV? Could be DOA.

Not with HDMI.

Basically HDMI 4K needs devices on both ends to be 4K capable, AND the cable in between must also be HDMI2 compliant. If those pieces are not in place you will get the NO SIGNAL, it won't nicely down-adjust to the lower resolution, I wish.

BR 4K players have two HDMI outputs for backward compatibility in cases where you are not upgraded the other pieces.

Jan 31, 2019

I don't think that it is the 4k problem.
LG 42LD550 is 1080p
LG BP350
As far as I know the player is 1080 not 4K but has up conversion?
could it be the up conversion?

When you connect the BD player to the TV with HDMI and they handshake the TV lets the player know its' native resolution and the player set it's output accordingly. The max resolution of both the TV and BD player are the same so that can't be the problem.
Have you tried the player on another TV? Could be DOA.

Solution