Solved! BlueScreen Recovery

zodiac949

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hello everyone, a quick question for you guys out there.

I've owned my Toshiba Satellite A215- S5818 since 2008, and I've been noticing throughout the past couple of months I've been getting spontaneously increasing BlueScreen errors..

It seems as though whenever I'm doing something graphical, like watching youtube, but is not limited to only online, it's pretty much whenever I do something it decided it randomly doesn't like, like typing a document on openOffice.

As an attempt to fix the problem, I've been reinstalling operating system from Vista, to 7, and even Ubuntu 10.10, and back to Win7, on TWO different hard drive, as well as popped out the battery and rotated the placement of the RAM sticks, and still, nothing

This is the error message I get upon reboot in windows 7...

error.png

Would anyone happen to know if it's something on the motherboard that is causing me this error?

Could it be overheating?

Time for a new laptop?

Thanks,

zodiac.

zodiac949

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

I appreciate the link, at least I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. I went into my bios and everything appears to be in order, ram is picked up and both the memory and cpu usages were relitively low. I'm really thinking it's a graphics issue. I'm running on an integrated ATI Radeon X1200 128MB. Maybe something is up with the video ram or the GPU itself.

I'm assuming I'll have to replace the laptop, which I'm willing to do.