bluetooth audio from projector to amp?

Sep 20, 2018
Hi there I am trying to avoid cabling my projector to my Dennon amp for 5.1 sound. (projector is placed at the back of the room and amp at the front). Is there a bluetooth or other wireless option that won't degrade sound quality and also won't cause sync issues with the projected image? Thanks

Solution
I don't know of any 5.1 wireless optical audio options.
The only way to get the best audio quality from the BD player is HDMI directly to the receiver. I would suggest you move the receiver to the back with the other gear. Now you have short cables for sources and the projector. Much cheaper and better than wireless HDMI. You can run speaker wire to the front and either use interconnect or wireless for the sub. I am not a fan of putting the only sub in the rear but if you do that a short interconnect will work.
Get a Logitech Harmony Hub and remote to operate the entire system. They have an app that works with it too, You could even add an Alexa Dot and do voice control through the Harmony Hub. Pretty cool.
If you go for 4k the new JVC...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from andrew.bainbridge : "wireless audio option from projector to Denon amp"

There are no 5.1 wireless options that I am aware of.
Of course you don't need to get the audio from the projector at all. You can get it from the sources which could be connected to the Denon receiver or to an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. There are wireless HDMI options if needed. You can also move the receiver to a more convenient location and run longer speaker wire.

Sep 20, 2018
thanks very much for your response. Copy that on not extracting the audio from the projector - my bad! I'm going to be placing the blue-ray player & playstation at the back of the room next to the projector with the amp at the front under the screen. I've changed my plans a little and am hoping to go for a 4k projector. So i will HDMI out of the source to the projector and then hopefully find a way to send the audio wirelessly to the amp. Can you recommend any good wireless audio HDMI or optical out senders, I found lots online, all varying in price. Will audio quality be effected much and are there likely to be any sync issues?

Thanks very much

I don't know of any 5.1 wireless optical audio options.
The only way to get the best audio quality from the BD player is HDMI directly to the receiver. I would suggest you move the receiver to the back with the other gear. Now you have short cables for sources and the projector. Much cheaper and better than wireless HDMI. You can run speaker wire to the front and either use interconnect or wireless for the sub. I am not a fan of putting the only sub in the rear but if you do that a short interconnect will work.
Get a Logitech Harmony Hub and remote to operate the entire system. They have an app that works with it too, You could even add an Alexa Dot and do voice control through the Harmony Hub. Pretty cool.
If you go for 4k the new JVC DLP projector is very good at the entry level. For a super bright picture the Epson ProCinema is very good. The $5000 Sony is the only one that doesn't need eShift. It has a real 4k panel.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS