Bluray reader audio to TV

Vytalionvisgun

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I have a LG bluray reader which comes with a home cinema thing and a samsung Tv, but i'm not really using that bluray reader since i have a roku device.I'm trying to get the bluray's audio working as my "main" audio device with my roky device. To summ it up, i wanna get the home theater sound from my lg device to work as an external audio device for my Tv? I'm not good at explaining rip, i hope you get what i mean :) .

Solution
To clarify you have an LG home theater surround system with built in disc player and you want the audio from your Roku to playback through the speakers?
Two option on how to do this
1. Connect the audio output of the TV to the LG HTiB system. Usually an optical audio cable.
2. If both the TV and LG HTiB support ARC (audio return channel) then you connect the HTiB to the TV HDMI-ARC input. Turn ARC on in the TV audio menu and select it as your source on the HTiB.
To clarify you have an LG home theater surround system with built in disc player and you want the audio from your Roku to playback through the speakers?
Two option on how to do this
1. Connect the audio output of the TV to the LG HTiB system. Usually an optical audio cable.
2. If both the TV and LG HTiB support ARC (audio return channel) then you connect the HTiB to the TV HDMI-ARC input. Turn ARC on in the TV audio menu and select it as your source on the HTiB.

Solution

Vytalionvisgun

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

Hum i see how it is now, i was using a weird cable ( the one with the three colors: yellow white red) guess i will have to buy an optical cable :) ty for the help