Boy Uses Pancake Inquiry on Facebook as Alibi

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]On the next episode of "Grammar Drama", will tayb regain his faith in Tom's Guide? Will Jane be able to fix the lead of her othwerwise good story? Answers to these questions no one gives a rat's ass about, and much more, coming up next![/citation]

Haha, it takes a while for the change to go live. It should be fine now. :)

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
ok two things here....

1. if your PC in your house is good enough to convict you of download/shareing music/movies then it is good enough to get you off the hook of a crime.

2. I have a windows mobile phone and I can remote into my desktop from anywhere and do anything as if I was setting in front of it.

so as you can see it is both a perfectly legal alibi and yet it can be circumvented very easily.

your choice govner, hang em or set em free.

G

Why remote desktop? Just use a macro... most computer newbies can use a macro program.... set the time and away it goes. The kid must have lucked out and no one with computer skills was present during the case.

G

With Gramma' like dat, he's ought to be ritin' for Tom's Hardware! Dat's da IHOP!

G

With Gramma' like dat, he's ought to be ritin' for Tom's Hardware! Dat's da IHOP!

G

KEWL!!!! i can now have some one post a message on facebook or myspace while i am robbing a bank as an excuse that i didn't do it!
i wonder who the fat chick he was on the phone with was..and wether or not she can corroborate this dudes alibi. district attorneys aren't very smart...4-6 year lay degree $80-120k .... intelligence to know how to outsmart the bad guys...priceless -.-

gnice3d

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Holy shiz ... do they not know this could have been done with terminal services or vpn?

They basically just set a precedent for criminals to use remote sessions as a pre-arranged alibi - effing lawyers man ...

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
So ummm .. let me see .. I can remote access any computer I have ( or want) access to and make dates to go to I-Hop and get off ? WOW !!! And they believed that tripe ? Double WOW !!! ( Thank you remote assistance !)

sslazio77

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
I see black people are getting more clever now... he left his facebook open on purpose and told somebody to update his status while he was on on the robbery... this is how these people are using their education that im paying for with my taxes.. wonderful

spanspace

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
any of his family or friends could of wrote it. But NY is really good at assuming people are quilty and arresting anyone.

jrabbitb

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
Wow, this is retarded. People should have to be licensed w/ a doctorate level degree to practice law ... what this prosecutor got one of those... you mean the people running the show are idiots ... :(

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
That's the worst alibi EVER!

ANYONE could be on his computer at that time. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you could have used a circumventor or something like that to remotely control the computer to do so.

Our justice system is retarded...

jrabbitb

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
come to think of it. this is like saying "i couldn't have killed him, i was busy killing this other guy" and they drop the charges because that other guy was killed by an unknown assailant. if this had happened they would have had to prove he killed the other guy BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. and when it comes to a computer that you can program to do all kinds of things based off idk, a time you plan on being somewhere else then just knowing the message came from his IP address doesn't mean anything.

impy1980

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Remember Facebook would have the computers IP address on file, so they definitely know it came from that building. Mobile devices are different, even if the status was updated from a mobile device the IP address would be different. But people are right, it is flawed, anyone could have accessed his account from that computer.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
ROFL,

rob a bank and phone your dad, tell him to log in your facebook account and update the profile.... Great, lets get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.