Brand new Asus Laptop heat issue.

Genocide788

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hi guys, i have a 2 week old Asus K45DR. All is running well with the lappy however when i downloaded Speccy to monitor the tempratures i got a little worried as i saw my CPU temp averaging 95 degrees when i was running a game in the background. Its a old game Silkroad online that is not really graphic intensive so what gives? Those temps are when i am tabbed out of the game, when i tab back in the CPU temp can hit 105.

I have no other apps running at the same time and the air vents are completely unblocked. The motherboard and graphics are averaging at 45 degrees. Did some googling but all i can see is people saying to use a cooling pad. Could anyone please advise what my next course of action should be?

I tried restarting the laptop, this time with not even the game running. The CPU temp still runs 95 degrees.

Are there certain settings i should be tweaking via the Engine Vision Control Centre? I basically have not touched any of the settings on the lappy since geting it.

Solution
If the heatsink was not correctly installed on the CPU, that means the sensor is giving a good reading, and the laptop should power down before 100°C.

Genocide788

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
And oh its been 3 hours since my laptop was turned off completely and unplugged from power source. I just turned it on and the first thing i do is run speccy and its alrdy showing me 92 degrees. The laptop is as cool as a cucumber! Wth?

Genocide788

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Here are screengrabs from both Speccy and HWMonitor

EDIT: both screen grabs were taken at seperate times. Now as i open both programmes they are showing me the exact same temps for all components.

LapTemp_zps066f8d4f.jpg

laptemp2_zps946f3336.jpg

Genocide788

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Is there any way to confirm that other than pulling the laptop apart?

Genocide788

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Will give that a try, However having said that is there a possibility that the heatsink was not properly placed and caused this?