Bright dot on crt power off

eegad27

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
I've got a Samsung TXN3245fp 32" crt from 2003. For 6 years it was my main TV, used almost daily. For the past 10 years its been hooked up to my vintage game consoles (Atari, Colecovision, Genesis) and only used a couple times a month. It still works just fine when its on, but recently has started doing something different. It always used to be that when you powered it off, the screen immediately went dark. Lately, upon power off a very bright green dot appears in the center of the screen for a second or two, then quickly fades. I recall this behaviour on OLD tv's... Like the one my parents had in the early 70s, but dont recall seeing any tv's do this in later years. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what might be causing my tv to do this now... Is it a sign that the picture tube, power supply, or something else is about to die? I love this tv for playing old videogames and would hate to see it die. Much thanks for any insights.

eegad27

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
>my first thinking is let go man, think of the extra space u gain with a modern flat panel

For playing those old videogame consoles I specifically want to use an old 4:3 crt.... Thats what they were used with back in the day, and they just dont look right on a modern flatscreen. I want an authentic experience. But thanks for the link.