Broken Laptop Charger Port

Mar 22, 2018
Problem - http://prntscr.com/j0c80o

Any way to go about fixing this myself or any easy workarounds like charging the battery in another laptop? I really do not have the money to get a repair :(

The laptop fell on the port and this happened, now even if you plug in the charger the laptop refuses to turn on. I'm willing to open it up and go poking around if needs be.

Laptop:

Packard Bell
Model No: NEW95

Solution
Alas, other than your idea of charging it in another device (which will only work if it will fit in and work with another device) would be the only way to charge it other than fixing the damaged port. Now if you feel comfortable doing the repair yourself, you can get the part and do the work way cheaper than taking it to someone.
Alas, other than your idea of charging it in another device (which will only work if it will fit in and work with another device) would be the only way to charge it other than fixing the damaged port. Now if you feel comfortable doing the repair yourself, you can get the part and do the work way cheaper than taking it to someone.

Solution
Oct 22, 2018
It's a lot easier than it sounds. Did the repaire myself on an HP laptop. Bought the part on eBay for about 8 dollars and watched a Youtube video and thats it. Took about 30 minutes and works good as before.

racksmith101

Proper
Apr 20, 2018
A friend had a bad charging socket on his laptop, PC world wanted £50 just to look at it and another £50 for the repair. I got a replacement one from the net (cost £1.50) and took me less than 25 mins at work to dismantle fix and reassemble his laptop.