Broken Laptop Display; Using an External Monitor; Cannot Get the Right Resolution

snipecaik

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
Hi, my laptop (Lenovo thinkpad x230) had a broken display, so I removed it and decided to use the laptop with an external display; my 1080p monitor. I did a fresh install of windows 10, when I first booted into windows the resolution was at the correct 1080p, however it quickly changed to 1024 x 768. I assume, therefore that it is a driver issue. Windows won't let me change my resolution to anything greater than 1024 x 768 nor will the intel graphics control panel. I have also tried installing the intel HD 4000 graphics driver from lenovo's website with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

snipecaik

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from snipecaik : "Broken Laptop Display; Using an External Monitor; Cannot Get the Right Resolution"

Hi, my laptop (Lenovo thinkpad x230) had a broken display, so I removed it and decided to use the laptop with an external display; my 1080p monitor. I did a fresh install of windows 10, when I first booted into windows the resolution was at the correct 1080p, however it quickly changed to 1024 x 768. I assume, therefore that it is a driver issue. Windows won't let me change my resolution to anything greater than 1024 x 768 nor will the intel graphics control panel. I have also tried installing the intel HD 4000 graphics driver from lenovo's website with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mathias Aivasovsky Laptop Tech Support 1
Evident10 Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
r090t9 Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1