Browser Wars: Google Takes on FF3 & IE8

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
oo0o sheeet i hope it rocks, ill totally be on it

i have total confidence in google's ability to output fine @$$ products for their consumers...especially if they're free d(^_^)b

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Well, with open source browsers the users do quite a lot in terms of support ranging from bug reporting, actually fixing the bugs, plugins to name the main ones. In terms of google we'll see total integration between their browser with their software, so simply being a user of the browser will make it easier to use the other products google develops and will result in revenue along the way for google. I'm not surprised by this move at all...

G

To say that Google doesnt care who is #1 is just not true. Google doesnt want Microsoft to be #1, and that is why it is releasing Chrome as well as supporting Firefox. If either succeeds in taking market share from Microsoft, its a victory from Google.

Google's business is the web. As long as Microsoft holds the largest market share of browsers, it can push its own search engines(say, build into the browser?) over Google(which are not best friends right now). If Google were to just allow that to happen it would be very costly to them. If, however, they have Chrome and Firefox, it is not nearly so devastating.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
As long as Windows contains Internet Explorer and 92% of the PCs sold in stores contain Windows... good luck taking down M$ and their browser...lololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.