BSOD attempting to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed.

VAILANTER

Estimable
May 18, 2015
Hello, i have my laptop for like 5.5 years. I reinstalled windows recently, installed all drivers and had no problems at all. I've been using my pc normally for like 2 weeks, then while playing csgo i get a BSOD. My problem is exactly this: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=387106, but the problem is there is no solution or sesponse from what happened.
I tried many times deleting gpu driver from safe mode then going to normal mode and installing various driver, either using driver booster or official downloads from amd, or even factory driver. None of these worked. I even formated my pc twice to try and reinstall drivers without making it work.
Is there something else i can try or is my gpu done?
I don't think support will help at all, cause my laptop is pretty old.
My laptop is Sony Vaio VPCEB3M1E.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
basically the error means the display driver hardware failed to respond.
on a old machine, this can mean the GPU overheated, the GPU failed, or the 12 volt power to the GPU failed.

I would blow out any dust from the machine, set the fans to run at top speed and see if that helps.
(check to see if you hear the fans running and feel exhaust air coming out of the machine, I mention that because I have seen fan motors run, but the fan actually popped off from the motor so there was no exhaust air coming out of the machine.

VAILANTER

Estimable
May 18, 2015
Sorry for not responding, i wasnt home and i had no internets. I already tried blowing the dust, didnt change anything so now i sent my laptop to a tech guy, said he'll check it and let me know about the cost. But most likely as you said there is something wrong with the gpu.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zkneedhelp Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 14
C Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 10