BSOD when windows tries to start up,

xXEl3mXx

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
Wow did this thing really just delete my entire essay? gg,

Okay so long story short,

Buddy of mine gave me his old Gigabyte Netbook to fix said something about the hdd i had a look he's getting bsod'd at windows startup

had a look around on the internet which apparently states he he either messed up by somehow blocking the hdd on a driver level or messed up his bios.

BSOD Stop code: 0x0000007b (0x86586b58, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Bios he's running is InsydeH20 rev 3.5

I don't have much else information on the netbook as its pretty old and i can't find any model numbers on the netbook itself and my buddy has no idea either.

had a look at his hdd controller and it only runs as IDE Combined, can't change anything except for the ATA/IDE Modes which i can change to Native or Legacy.

Tried running the hdd on another system and regediting its ControlSet msahci and pciide service start forms to 0 which also haven't helped,

Only other thing i haven't tried yet is installing windows on that system but i pretty much can't do that as the netbook has no cd drive nor do i have a flash drive to create a bootable windows flash disc.

Solution
Hi there,

Did you install any driver before it went on BSOD ?
was there any update before ?
you should be able to start the netbook with F8 and safe mode (if you have the admin password) then go back to a restore point !

let us know if this helped.

Cheers, Louise.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

Did you install any driver before it went on BSOD ?
was there any update before ?
you should be able to start the netbook with F8 and safe mode (if you have the admin password) then go back to a restore point !

let us know if this helped.

Cheers, Louise.

Solution

xXEl3mXx

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015

Honestly i have no idea what he did, i did end up buying an hdd before i even knew what was up and did a clean install of windows on it but it had the same issues not sure if that has to do with the fact that i'm running AHCI on my pc and he's running IDE figured something i could try is changing the same regedit settings on the new drive and see what it does then,

and computer won't boot in safe mode at all.