Budget amp for passive speakers?

Ruby_6

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I want to connect some passive speakers to my PC and need a mini amp to do so. I'm not an audiophile by any means, I just want something that'll produce decent sound for gaming/general use at a low-mid volume (I'll also probably want to mount it under my desk so preferably nothing that is too heavy or requires top ventilation, but that's not a deal breaker).

I own a pair of old Mission 760i speakers, specs below:
Frequency response: 70Hz to 20kHz ±2.5dB
Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
Sensitivity: 89dB
Recommended amplifier: 25 to 75 watts

And the Panasonic SC-PM500 (just the speakers), I'm unsure of the specs on those.

I'm not sure which of the two I'll end up using, it'll depend on desk space as the Missions are quite a bit bigger, and whichever run better with the amp I suppose.

I live in New Zealand and there aren't really any local shops that sell these so I have to buy online, and once you convert the price, add shipping, and add a voltage converter/NZ power supply, the cost starts to go up and I don't really want to pay a lot for a crappy amp. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which budget amp is the least shitty lol?

Also, is there much difference between the Lepai LP-2020a+ and the LP-2020TI?

Solution
You don't say what your budget is?
Best bang for your buck would be a used receiver, integrated amp, or power amp.
It would probably sound better than the Lepai, be more powerful, and have more resale value if you decide to upgrade. A vintage 20-30 watt unit will play louder than the Lepai. No power adapters needed either.

Ruby_6

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Lepai isn't my only option, it was just a question because I've been researching amps and couldn't find out the difference between the two. I'd just like hear what amps people would suggest. :)

You don't say what your budget is?
Best bang for your buck would be a used receiver, integrated amp, or power amp.
It would probably sound better than the Lepai, be more powerful, and have more resale value if you decide to upgrade. A vintage 20-30 watt unit will play louder than the Lepai. No power adapters needed either.

Solution

Any amp that will give you 25-75w. The folks here, we don't like to be constrained by physical space limitation as you suggested. Americanaudiophile suggests a used vintage amp, I agree. The only time I'd go into the trouble of looking for something small and good, I understand budget will not be an issue. Good-Cheap-Small, you can only have 2 of the 3.