Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]the Dualie costs $249.99[/citation]
Surely, you must be joking.

"I'm not joking, and don't call me Shirley."

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I don't have an iphone. Please, someone edumicate me. Can I or can't I use an iphone usb cable and attach that to my computer/external hard drive?

raceway99

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I don't have an iphone. Please, someone edumicate me. Can I or can't I use an iphone usb cable and attach that to my computer/external hard drive?

if someone wrote an app to display the file/folder info and open files then yeah, although i dont think one exists at the moment

G

@sunflier - this is just an iPod dock and an external hard drive put together into one package. It doesn't actually do anything a separate hard drive and a separate dock wouldn't do.

But no, you can't directly attach an iPhone to a storage device.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I can build one for under $100, just buy a cheap 2.5 inch 500GB external enclosure, and a cheap USB hub

leave one end of the external enclosure open for easy removal of the 2.5 in drive inside of the enclosure, glue the enclosure to the back of the ipod dock, then glue the hub to the bottom of the dock/ hard drive

you just saved $150 by doing it your self (most people who have a ipod generally have the dock since it comes with it so no need to worry about the dock)

while it wont look as nice, it will do the same job for less money

you can get a 2.5 in external 500GB drive for under $75
you can get a 8 port USB hub for less than $2 from ebay
you can get a 12 pack of super glue for under $1 from ebay
the ipod dock comes with your ipod

build it your self and save

Status
Not open for further replies.