Built-in ceiling speakers

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, I bought a house with buit in speakers in ceiling and walls. Altogether there are 9 rooms which has two speakers each. Wires from each room comes out in entertainment room. I have 9.1 channel Pioneer receiver (and a 7.1). I tested all speakers individually by connecting them to receiver and they all work fine but when I connect all of them together (or two or more) to receiver, sound comes from one room only. I tried both receivers but still same result. Not sure what am I doing wrong or shall I have an electrician take s look. Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Solution
Well Kemosabe, the surround channels tend to be kinda soft, they are there to kinda "fill-in" and most of the sound come out of the fronts L+C+R. Your receiver maybe capable and has a mode that says, when playing a stereo source, simply replicate the fronts L+R to SurroundL/SurroundR, to RearL/RearR etc, which maybe what u want.
Well Kemosabe, the surround channels tend to be kinda soft, they are there to kinda "fill-in" and most of the sound come out of the fronts L+C+R. Your receiver maybe capable and has a mode that says, when playing a stereo source, simply replicate the fronts L+R to SurroundL/SurroundR, to RearL/RearR etc, which maybe what u want.

Solution