built in mouse pad

david simisky

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Model is k52F I need to disable the pad so I can use the key board. 3yrs owned cant type on it sure hunt and peck but soon as any part of your arm finger just slightly touches it your coursor jumps to any place on the page How do I turn it off and on? It does not tell me anywhere that I could find in 3 yrs

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Either try double tapping on the upper left / right hand corner of the touchpad, or look for a function+ option which looks like a little rectangle with one corner shaded.

Those are the usual culprits - you can also disable it through windows, but it's a pain; try these first.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

FN+F9 isn't a standard hotkey, is it? If so, then I'm going to have to remember that.

david simisky

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

david simisky

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
K1114 Call me stupid but the solutions you've give doesn't apply. Not saying your wrong I'm almost sure it's me. In the device mgr I really don't know if I'm qualified to even be in there I have tried it just tells me device is working properly no properties can be changed No disable or enable box avaliable

k1114

Distinguished
In device manager, right click it and click disable. If there isn't an option then you need to go to control panel, mouse. I realized my laptop also has an elan touchpad and the disable option in device manager isn't there either. But going to mouse properties has the option. If there isn't an elan tab then the driver isn't installed which would explain why the touchpad lock key didn't work.

david simisky

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

david simisky

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
When going to mouse properties from the control panel it shows mouse properties in a septrate window There is boxes in the window has pointers, hardware, mouse and keyboard center. also there is an elan box. Below that in highlighted blue small print " click here to change mouse settings " Below that the apply box is dark (in active) cancel box and ok box and that's it. no disable or enable box When I click on the highlighted blue change mouse settings it states no device detected in the window. I think I followed your instructions to the tee but? I feel like an idiot you know. I really am greatful for your time and effort. It's frustrating trying to work with an idiot. If any of what I just wrote you makes any sense please reply. Thanks Again Dave S.

k1114

Distinguished
It doesn't look like this?

Elan_Tab.jpg