Buy choice: Creative Aurvana Live! or Gemini-HRS1000

Dmitry Sonin

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
Hi everybody.

Since I was looking , surfing and analyzing headphones I need mainly for high quality positioning (in CS:GO) I came down to these ones:

1)Creative Aurvana Live

2)Gemini-HRS1000 (I know it's substratum for HyperX but let it no be the option of choosing them instead of Creative)

...Or Sennheiser 558?

And I can't make a choice, cuz they seem nice, they both have nice reviews, they cost the same...

Can you help me out? Would be gratefull.

P.S.: Do I need Xonar DG for better performance?
P.P.S.: Should I fall onto 7.1 Headphones/Headsets like Razer Tiamato, Asus Strix or some virtual stuff like Cloud 2 or this is all not yet so well developed stuff powered by marketing solutions?

you can make any headphone into 5.1/7.1 with virtual surround. some motherboards come with such software, the xonar dg is a cheap soundcard which has it, you can also use the (not as nice) free razer software to do this.

actually, its just as often recommended to stay with onboard unless you need a soundcard because 1) you're having distortion or buzzing issues with onboard, 2) it doesnt support virtual surround or 3) you need a stronger amp or features not on your onboard. most onboard is perfectly suitable for most people and its better to test onboard first to save money instead of just buying a soundcard before trying. now soundcards generally ARE superior - that fact is unquestionable

if you're on a budget, get the hd518. same drivers as the 558 and 598 but cheaper. slightly less soundstage and slightly more bass than the upper models but not by a landslide.

the cal! is a nice budget headphone however they sound best when not listening at loud levels. good if you have a tiny budget however there are better cans available.

you certainly dont need the xonar dg.. but depending on your onboard it might be nice to have. its an option.

"true" 7.1 and 5.1 headsets (the kind with multiple drivers in each ear) will sound a little more natural in surround sound than virtual (virtual distorts sound to make it appear surround) however they also use many more lower quality drivers so overall sound quality is reduced as well. also keep in mind that some headphones have wide soundstages so really dont need much if any of a push on virtual so hold their own very well. in short - i'd just go with stereo headphones with a large soundstage and virtual if 5.1/7.1 is something you're after.

TRENDING THREADS