Buying a laptop from Ebay???!?!

John9786

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
I live in Australia, Brisbane and I'm looking for a new laptop with a 1060 GPU, however, I'm on a very tight budget, I do not wish to exceed $2100 AUD, including shipping and GST. I just looked on Ebay.com.au and they seem to be selling a dozen deals offering Asus/MSI/even Alienware all of which containing 1060 GPU hardware which would ship from America. I just want you guys opinions as to whether this deal is too good to be true as on other sites these laptops cost atleast $100-$200 more.
Thanks!!!

p.s. here's a link of to one of these deals: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ASUS-ROG-GL702VM-DB71-17-3-Laptop-i7-6700HQ-16GB-DDR4-1TB-HDD-GTX-1060-6GB-/252541811524?hash=item3accaa3b44:g:5REAAOSwo4pYDTga

Solution
1. Do not forget shipping cost, custom and tax, if you are importing stuffs, getting thing shipped from abroad means importing.
2. Shipping stuffs from overseas has risks too e.g. missing on the way, broken on the way, etc.
3. Warranty will be quite a huge issue, if you buy things from outside of the country, where you live. There is risk here.
4. Judging by the accepted payment method (Paypal), I think the seller can be trusted. Although, I am not trusting eBay for items above USD500, especially if the seller is located abroad. Trust also only seller with rating above 99%, yes 98% is not good.
5. Things in USA are always cheaper than to most of the world, especially to countries like Australia.
6. For AUD 200 more, I would rather buy...

spat55

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
If you pay with paypal you should be okay but make sure you don't get stung with Import fees, also if the seller asks you to pay them outside ebay for import fees report it to Ebay immediately. Try to make sure they have at least 99% feedback too.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
1. Do not forget shipping cost, custom and tax, if you are importing stuffs, getting thing shipped from abroad means importing.
2. Shipping stuffs from overseas has risks too e.g. missing on the way, broken on the way, etc.
3. Warranty will be quite a huge issue, if you buy things from outside of the country, where you live. There is risk here.
4. Judging by the accepted payment method (Paypal), I think the seller can be trusted. Although, I am not trusting eBay for items above USD500, especially if the seller is located abroad. Trust also only seller with rating above 99%, yes 98% is not good.
5. Things in USA are always cheaper than to most of the world, especially to countries like Australia.
6. For AUD 200 more, I would rather buy it locally in Australia, compared to having it imported from abroad with risks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS