Buying a speaker for a girl!? HEELP

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015
Hello so I have a friend who happens to be a girl. She loves listening to heavy bass music. I want to buy her a speaker under 50 euros in Netherland (amazon.de works fine) and I want a portable speaker which has very rich bass. I looked at the following so far:
Anker mp141/A7908
JBL GO
JBL Clip
EasyACC Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Can you help me chose on of these or recommend me a different one?

Solution

To get bass from a small speaker it needs a much longer throw cone but to make that work well it needs high quality magnets and amp. I have a Bose Soundlink and the bass is good for its size but nothing I would call punchy, it also has to be used in close proximity to a wall or flat surface as that helps it produce better bass. This device is expensive and heavy due to the high quality...

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015

all im askins is for a speaker portable enough to fit in a bag and that has punchy bass for its size. :(

sizzling

Distinguished

To get bass from a small speaker it needs a much longer throw cone but to make that work well it needs high quality magnets and amp. I have a Bose Soundlink and the bass is good for its size but nothing I would call punchy, it also has to be used in close proximity to a wall or flat surface as that helps it produce better bass. This device is expensive and heavy due to the high quality magnets. As mentioned earlier there is a reason subs are large

Solution

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015

well then what is the best bass portable speaker under 50?

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015

So which one do you think will be better in bass. The anker one or JBL GO?

If someone said, "Go with brand XXX", and later you (or she) did not like it, what happens?
Noone has these two next to each other, with the tunes that girl listen to, and with your / her ears, to make this decision for you. You're not spending $xxxx, for Pete' sake - get one, listen to it, if you don't like it - return it, get the other one.