saint666

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
Hi

I currently live in Saudi Arabia and Im looking to buy LG OLED TV model # 55EF9500 from the USA.

From research it seems that there are two main issues 1)Video signal and 2)Frequency of mains I think.

I use the TV mainly for my HTPC but also watch some Satellite and the occasional game on XBOX (all via HDMI AV receiver).

This model is not available in Saudi Arabia and thus my only option is to buy it from the USA or the UK model # 55EF950V(which ii think is compatible but much more expensive).

Id appreciate your input on the potential issues/solutions

Thanx

Solution
I also meant the actual physical plug shape. The US uses type A and B from the list, a quick glance says you guys use type G. So if true you'd need a converter. http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
There should be zero problem with anything going over the HDMI, its universal. For your satellite usage does the satellite talk to a satellite receiver box first and then pass the image to the TV through HDMI as well (this is the normal way)? If yes than I can't image any of that stuff will have any kind problem talking to the TV.

The only thing that I can think of being a problem is over-the-air broadcast TV. It wouldn't surprise me if the TV doesn't understand the frequencies you use in Saudi Arabia, but I don't know this for sure. The other the classic problem is power, I'm going to assume you need to use some sort of converter unless Saudi Arabia follows the UK or US power standard too?

saint666

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
The Satellite signal go from the Dish to Sat box which will be then hooked to A/V receivers via HDMI and from there to the TV.

Thank you for your reply ..

I dont watch over the air broadcast so thats not an issue

With regards to power, after some googling it seems that frequency in Saudi mains is at 60 Hz while the UK is at 50Hz and USA is 60Hz so im not sure if thats the standard across the board but ill ask the seller specifically about the TV and make sure that is compatible with what we have here.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
I also meant the actual physical plug shape. The US uses type A and B from the list, a quick glance says you guys use type G. So if true you'd need a converter. http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

Solution