Solved! Buzzing In Headphones Using Aux Cable

SPAWN of II

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I have a ge62 2qd apache pro gaming laptop setup next to my Xbox. I run an aux cable from my laptop to my Astro a40 mix amp pro so that I can listen to music and podcasts while I play. Today a buzzing began playing into my headphones through the aux . It is loudest when the laptop is plugged in, very soft when it is not. The volume setting on the computer or mixamp doesn't affect the volume of the mix amp. I have tried multiple aux chords, it still buzzes. I have tried headphones directly plugged into the computer and there is no buzzing and I have plugged the aux from the mix amp into my phone and there is no buzzing. I did setup a new monitor for my Xbox today, I do not know how that would affect things though.

Solution
Sounds like you are getting electronics feedback.

NOTE: It is quiet normal for heaphones plugged into a computer, or other device, when not playing any kind of sounds, to have a static like sound on them.

Here are some things to try.

1. Make sure that the wires for your headphones do not come into contact with other wires going in and out of the computer. Anything it touches that can have any kind of electrical current can cause noise in the headphones.

2. Try a different headphone jack, if you have more than one.

3. Try a different set of headphones and see if they have the same sound problem.

4. Plug the headphones into a different device and see if you get the same sound issues. If so, it may be within the speakers...
Sounds like you are getting electronics feedback.

NOTE: It is quiet normal for heaphones plugged into a computer, or other device, when not playing any kind of sounds, to have a static like sound on them.

Here are some things to try.

1. Make sure that the wires for your headphones do not come into contact with other wires going in and out of the computer. Anything it touches that can have any kind of electrical current can cause noise in the headphones.

2. Try a different headphone jack, if you have more than one.

3. Try a different set of headphones and see if they have the same sound problem.

4. Plug the headphones into a different device and see if you get the same sound issues. If so, it may be within the speakers themselves.issue.

5. Connect the headphones through a USB connection (this will require an adapter for standard plug heaphones) and see if the problem goes away. If so, it may be the headphone jack on the laptop that is the

6. Upgrade your headphones. All recorded audio has a degree of noise or static; how obvious it is to the listener depends on the quality of the media it’s recorded on, the playback technology and the listening device. Replacing your headphones with a noise-reducing or noise-canceling set could clear up the problem.

7. Worst case, if the problem happens with multiple headphones, you may need to replace the sound card.

Solution

SPAWN of II

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from SPAWN of II : "Buzzing In Headphones Using Aux Cable"

I have a ge62 2qd apache pro gaming laptop setup next to my Xbox. I run an aux cable from my laptop to my Astro a40 mix amp pro so that I can listen to music and podcasts while I play. Today a buzzing began playing into my headphones through the aux . It is loudest when the laptop is plugged in, it does not buzz when unplugged. I have tried multiple aux chords, it still buzzes. I have tried headphones directly plugged into the computer and there is no buzzing and I have plugged the aux from the mix amp into my phone and there is no buzzing. I did setup a new monitor for my Xbox today, so I began unplugging things to see if it would go away. When I unplug my monitor and Xbox the buzzing goes away.

SPAWN of II

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from SPAWN of II : "Buzzing In Headphones Using Aux Cable"

I have a ge62 2qd apache pro gaming laptop setup next to my Xbox. I run an aux cable from my laptop to my Astro a40 mix amp pro so that I can listen to music and podcasts while I play. Today a buzzing began playing into my headphones through the aux . It is loudest when the laptop is plugged in, it does not buzz when unplugged. I have tried multiple aux chords, it still buzzes. I have tried headphones directly plugged into the computer and there is no buzzing and I have plugged the aux from the mix amp into my phone and there is no buzzing. I did setup a new monitor for my Xbox today, so I began unplugging things to see if it would go away. When I unplug my monitor the buzzing lessens.