Question Buzzing sound in headphones when connected from the back and something is playing in it.

May 11, 2022
Hi,
i bought a new motherboard MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 - MSI (with CPU Intel Core i7-12700KF and PC Case Fractal Design Torrent) and from that time i hear an ¨electrical¨ sound in my headphones (Bose QuietComfort 20 - it does not matter if the noise canceling is on/off) when they are connected to the MB from the BACK of the PC (i am using an extension cable, but it is doing the sound even if they are plugged in without it).

When i connect them from the front, it is okay (again does not matter if they are connected with or without the extension cable).

THE BUZZING SOUND IS ONLY HAPPENING, WHEN SOMETHING ¨MAKES A SOUND¨. By that i mean, that if i only plug the headphones in the PC (does not matter if from front or back) it is all okay. But when something starts playing (even the lowest volume sound), it starts ¨buzzing¨.

Here is what it tried already:
Update audio drivers
Different headphones

Thank you for any advice.
PS: Sorry for my bad english and i hope i am writing in the right section.

Could be an issue with the motherboard, electrical interference can cause this. You said you tried different headphones, do all of them have this issue? If yes, contact the motherboard vendor support, or buy an external USB sound card and see if that fixes things. My favorite good quality one for a good price is the FX Audio DAC-6, but there are cheaper models out there like this https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Exte...&sprefix=usb+sound,electronics,77&sr=1-3&th=1. The DAC-6 will only be good if you use headphones, not headsets with built in mics if you want the mic functioning.